http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/facelift/SerendipityBannercopy.jpg

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lost in translation or just plan naive????


So, I am at Jazzercise the other day doing a routine to a remixed version of Frankie Goes to Hollywood's "Relax" and I started day dreaming again. I thought of how dang naive I was growing up. My parents avoided any talk that could be uncomfortable, drugs, sex, etc. So as I zoned out I thought about how much I loved this song growing and how I liked it when I was able to "relax" too! Only years later did I learn what it was about. Uh! Those dang British! Then some other meanings childhood favorite songs came to mind. "She Bop"..... I thought Cindy was singing about how everyone likes to dance, like me. I'd get down to this song. I'd sing it out loud, dance around. Well the joke was on me! I was wrong. Girls DO want to have fun! ;) "Physical"... How could you Olivia? You were my idol. I loved you in Grease and Xanadu! You hung on my wall! But, you weren't singing about the working out I was thinking of. So, finally the song was near the end when our wonderful instructor, originally from Germany, said, " Don't we all need to Relax sometimes. Like in this song." "Yes!", I thought. "I am not the only green, naive person out there!" But to her credit, English is her 2nd language, so some things get lost in translation!

1 comment:

Chinny and Poom said...

Giggle, Giggle. :)
I was the naive girl too.
I do miss the 80's so.